Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Updated
We are writing to let you know that Giordano, DelCollo, Werb & Gagne, LLC is monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID- 19). Most important to us, is the health and safety of our communities, our clients and other visitors to our office, as well as our staff. It is our intent to follow the Governor’s guidelines effective Monday, December 7, 2020 thru (at least) January 11, 2021.
Our office is currently open during regular business hours and we are addressing staffing needs and availability on an ongoing basis. We are implementing policies to minimize contact and exposure and are happy to reschedule any in-person meetings to a later date or conduct such meetings by phone if possible. In addition, if you have draft documents from us, we stand ready to finalize those documents and will work with you to arrange for their completion and execution. In these uncertain times, expect that we will give you a warm hello and a sincere smile, but that we will not shake your hand to avoid passing germs.
If you are sick, are under quarantine, have been exposed to someone who may have contracted COVID- 19, we ask you to contact us to reschedule your appointment or make other arrangements for a telephone meeting. Also, if you are at a higher risk of illness from COVID -19, please consider changing in-person meetings to a phone conference, if possible.
We are requiring employees who are ill or who live with individuals who are ill to stay home. If they feel well enough, they may work remotely. If they are not well, we are supporting them in taking time off to manage their health needs. We have instituted additional cleaning protocols for our offices to help keep them healthy and safe.
The situation is changing rapidly and if our regular business hours do change, we will contact you as quickly as possible. Our attorneys, paralegals and staff will be set up to work remotely to address your needs and avoid as much disruption as possible and we anticipate at the present time that all real estate closings will proceed as scheduled. Our attorneys, paralegals and staff are all monitoring email during normal business hours to ensure as seamless a client experience as possible.
Please be patient with us as we get through this difficult time with the COVID-19 crisis. For your safety and ours please see the following rules we have implemented for closings:
– We are keeping buyers and sellers separate at all times.
– Please send in copies of your ID’s prior to closing.
– Absolutely no family members, friends or children are allowed to attend closings. They must remain outside. ONLY those who are signing are allowed in the building.
– NO Realtors or Lenders are allowed to attend closing. They may call in during closing.
– Our office doors in all locations WILL REMAINED LOCKED throughout the day. We ask that you call our office to let us know once you have arrived for your closing. You will remain in your car until we call you back. We are sanitizing conference rooms after each closing and we want to limit any contact with those who have closings before you.
– We ask that you please sanitize your hands when you first come into the office. We will provide sanitizer for you.
– Once in the conference, please do not leave the conference room until the attorney has instructed you to leave. You may use the restroom if needed.
Our offices will remain open during regular business hours until further notice, as we have a duty to conduct settlements for our clients. Until we are told otherwise, we will be here. As this situation is rapidly changing, we are internally discussing plans and our ability to accommodate requests for electronic meetings, consultations, and out of office signings. Our conference rooms will be sanitized after each closing for our safety, and yours. Many of our employees have the capability to work from home. If our regular business hours change, or offices close, we will update you as quickly as possible.
If you are sick, under quarantine, or have been exposed to someone who may have contracted COVID-19, we ask you to contact us to reschedule your appointment or make other arrangements. If you are at a higher risk of contracting this virus and have reservations in coming to our office, please contact us so we can discuss alternatives. It is our hope to avoid as much disruption as possible, as we know how important homeownership is to our clients.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us at 302-234-6855, or send an email to Joseph Giordano at Joe@GDWLAWFIRM.COM.